If your H2O Steam Mop begins to produce steam slower than usual or stops producing steam you may need to remove lime scale. It is necessary to remove the lime scale on a regular basis, every 25 times you use a full tank of water or once a month, especially in areas with hard water.
There’s two ways to do it, here’s how:
Using the Cleaning Pin
Swirl and push the pin up and down the small hole of the steam outlet in the main body. Ensure that all the scale debris has been removed from the steam outlet before reassembling.
Using a Cleaning Solution
- Prepare a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water and add to the water tank.
- Ensure that the steam released is aimed away from the floor or surrounding objects. Plug the unit into a properly grounded electrical outlet turn it ON and allow the unit to process the steam until the vinegar/water solution is used up.
- Repeat the above process as many times is necessary until a normal steam flow is achieved.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water and rinse out.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water again and release the stream through the system until the water tank is empty.
- Perform a cleaning test on a suitable isolated area after each lime scale removal to ensure there is no debris left in the system.