One of the biggest problems with using your iPad or other tablet when you are cooking in the kitchen is how to position it so you can still see it but not cover it with half of the meal you are preparing!
This is by-far one of the cutest ideas we have seen!
What you’ll need:
- A wooden chopping board, we think this style with a handle looks great but you could use any style to suit your own kitchen decor
- A scrabble piece holder
- A wooden door stop
- A hot glue gun
- A pencil/ruler optional but recommended
- Take your tablet and lay it down on the chopping board, play with the positioning until you find where it fits best. Then place down the scrabble piece holder which the iPad will be standing on and again play around with the positioning.
- When you’re happy with how it will fit together using your pencil and ruler mark on the board when the scrabble piece holder will be glued.
- Remove your iPad and put in a safe place.
- With your hot glue gun, remembering to always be safe, paste the scrabble piece holder to the chopping board and apply pleasure for about 30 seconds to help the bond. If the chopping board has been lacquered many times you may want to sand the position where the holder will go lightly with sanding paper.
- Turn the board over with your ruler find the middle of the board at the base. Mark with your pencil.
- Now its time to glue the door stop the back, this will act as the stand. Again hold for 30 seconds to help the glue bond.
- That’s it! Simple and elegant, and most importantly no more potential food spills on your tablet!
You could also give it a quick coat of paint or do some paint dabbing for a rustic look.