Ingredients per serving – 30min
- 200g (7 oz.) turkey or chicken breast fillet
- 150g (5.3 oz.) cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 50g (1.8 oz.) leek
- 2 carrots
- 100 ml (0.4 cups) coconut milk (low-fat, unsweetened)
- 4 tablespoons (60g or 2.1 oz.) peanutcream
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger, approx. the size of a thumb (20g or 0.7 oz.)
- ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes or rings (fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- salt, pepper
Peanuts are an excellent source of protein and fat. But make sure to buy peanut butter that does not contain extra fat or sugar.
- Rinse turkey or chicken breast fillet with cold water, pat dry and cut into strips of about 1 cm (0.4 inch).
- Cut cauliflower into slices.
- Wash leek, pat dry, cut into slices.
- Peel carrots and cut into slices.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Fry fillet strips and vegetables for about 2 minutes on each side. Take out the meat strips and put them aside.
- Add 150ml (0.6 cups) water to the vegetables and let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- Peel garlic and ginger, cut into thin slices.
- Squeeze lemon.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon oil in a high pot on medium heat.
- Put garlic, ginger and chili in the pot, fry for about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with coconut milk, boil it up and take the pot off the stove.
- Stir in peanut butter and lime juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fillet strips and vegetables with peanut sauce.
Click here for our full range of products Danoz