Ingredients for 2 Servings 30mins
- 150g chicken- or turkey strips
- 150g cauliflower florets (fresh or deep-frozen)
- ½ onion
- 100g red lentils
- 50g leek
- 50g peas
- 200ml coconut milk (low-fat, unsweetened)
- 150ml water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed or olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- salt, pepper
Red lentils are recommended for this dish, since other varieties do not soften quickly enough during the short cooking time, which is important to ensure that the vegetables do not lose any nutritional value through overcooking.
- Rinse turkey or chicken strips with cold water and pat dry.
- Peel onion, chop finely.
- Rinse leek, pat dry, cut into slices.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add onion and chicken or turkey strips to the pan and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, until the onions become glassy and the meat has browned.
- Add cauliflower, lentils, leek, peas and curry powder and continue frying for 2 minutes
- Add coconut milk and water, bring it to a boil, let simmer for approx. 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
Click here for our full product range Danoz